Monday, October 6, 2008

WTAC


OK, for the rest of the world out there that are not band geeks like me, WTAC is the West Texas Auxiliary Competition. Wow, long name. Basically it's a competition for the auxiliary's of marching band - drum majors, twirlers, flags, and drum lines. It's a fairly large competition held at Coronado every year.

Well, my girls did FABULOUS there! It was very exciting. Our prelim performance was good enough to advance to the finals where we placed first. We beat two other lines that are very good - Colorado City and Frenship High School. Yes, it was exciting for a little 2A school to beat a 4A school.

One of these days, I'm going to try and post a video of them. I'm so proud of these ladies - they have done a fabulous job this year.


Now - other things going on in life.....

my baby is about to turn 3. I'm having a hard time with it. I guess I'm just sad that my last baby is growing up. I'm not saying we're through with kids, but I'm just not sure that we're going to have another one. It may still happen in the future, but, who knows. So I'm having a hard time thinking about being through with babies. Tonight, we had to pull out more clothes from the shed. A) I get teary eyed from thinking of Taelor in those same clothes and B) I get teary eyed thinking Addi will be the last one to wear them. Isn't it funny how clothes can bring back so many memories. I think of the most random things that Taelor did when I see certain outfits. They are all good memories, but it's also sad to realize that time goes too quickly.

So, a very random post, but my life is pretty random right now!!!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Melanie said...

Cool...Congratulations!!

Larissa said...

Congrats!!!

And I know EXACTLY what you mean. I started getting teary when I read that, b/c it made me think of my kids.

Anonymous said...

Wow! How great is it to know that those girls performed so well because of what you have taught them?! Congratulations!
I too am having a hard time letting my babies grow up so I know how you feel. Ella is a lot bigger than Ally was so she's wearing a lot of Ally's clothes from when she was a year old and older right now and that's been really hard on me. I just don't want to forget them as babies, but I know there's so much that I've forgotten already. It just makes me want to video tape their entire lives!

Chrissy Cross said...

Good luck with your twirlers, they sounds great, maybe because they have a great teacher!!

Amy said...

You are such a good teacher. Good work! I am already attached to some of Abbye's clothes.

Lauren said...

Congrats on your girls doing so well! I'd love to see a video of them sometime!

I know what you mean about your kids. Claire is getting so big and walking now and Will is even bigger...doing things that surprise me every day. Wah! :)