Saturday, April 5, 2008

Craziness Continues

Life is normal at our house! Crazy!! I think that's the only way we know how to operate. Though I must say, that I've learned to cram most of our activities into the week so that we have the weekends off. And for about the last month, we have. It's been great. Just hangin' out at home.

Taelor had her first t-ball practice this week. She loved it. She's got a good little group of kids on her team. Have no idea how good they are at t-ball, but they are good kids! I think we've still got about two weeks before we start playing.

Also this week was the Kindergarten Rodeo. The Kindergarten class has been studying Texas and cowboys. So to finish off this unit, they went to one of the kids home's in the country. They got to practice running the barrels and poles (with stick horses of course), got to pet a real horse, got to take a picture on a saddle, had the opportunity to attempt roping, and got to brand each other!! They had real branding irons that the kids dipped into water then flour and chased each other trying to brand each other's bottoms. They also had each group divided into different "brands". Taelor's group with the Triangle P's. It was a fun morning.

Tomorrow we are having our annual Easter Egg hunt at the Riley Ranch. We do it every year at church, but Easter was too early this year to do it before hand - it would've been very cold. So we've got that tomorrow. The kids always love it. We go to an elderly ladies "country home" (5 miles outside of town) on their ranch. It's a tiny little house that barely has running water and plumbing, but the kids LOVE IT. We usually have a campfire and just sit around enjoying each other's company.

This is kind of a boring post, but I really wanted to get something up just because! And by the way, my bracket is now a total, complete loss. I had UNC winning the whole thing :(

3 comments:

Chrissy Cross said...

The Rodeo sounds hilarious, and the Easter Egg hunt sounds really fun. So I don't think your post is boring!!

Anonymous said...

Your bracket and mine too!! I was in first place in the group I'm in until UNC lost. I wasn't too upset because Kansas has always been one of my favorite teams, but I admit it would've been fun to win it all! Enjoy your blog. Love you guys!

Larissa said...

I tagged you...check out my blog!