Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Birthday Fun




Ok, so I'm a little behind - but cut me some slack. We've had a busier than normal week.

First, I subbed three days last week. I've subbed before, but never in High School. I loved it. I have to brag on my town for a moment. Yes it's small and some don't like "knowing" everyone, but it was really neat to get to spend time with these kids. Abernathy has great kids. And yes, we've had our "winners", but overall we have really good kids here who really do try to do the right things. I get to spend time with the band kids fairly often, but this allowed me to meet some kids that I knew who they were, but hadn't really talked to before. I really did enjoy it.

But, needless to say, after doing that for three days plus teaching private lessons in the evenings, I was exhausted!!! I am so blessed to be able to stay home with my daughter and do work that I LOVE in the evening. There is no way I could work all day and teach private lessons as well.

Saturday was our friend, John's, 3rd birthday. They had a bounce house set up and the girls had a great time. Poor boy, he was the only boy at his party. All the friends were girls. But at this age, they don't care. All the kids loved it. Taelor wants one for her birthday, but you can't have a outdoor bounce house in December!!!

This week has been a little back to the norm. Just catching up on lack of sleep last week. I guess what was hard about last week was getting up early enough to take Addi to my grandparents house (20 minutes one way) and get back in time to get Taelor to school and get myself to class ontime. But I'm very thankful for the free child care! Other than catching up on rest, and laundry, things are pretty much normal. Except that I am having to CLEAN my house. Not just pick it up, either. Actually clean it. We are hosting our Bunco group on Saturday, so we've been cleaning every spare minute.

One more thought and I'll close. Yesterday, "Tuesday Folder's" were sent home from school. Each week Tae's teacher sends home a newsletter of what's going on. Well, the last thing on the newsletter said, "Only 6 1/2 more weeks of Kindergarten!!!!!" I cried. It was hard enough letting Taelor go to school; now her first YEAR is nearly over. It has flown by. And the sad part is, I know each year will fly by faster. I'm so thankful that she is growing up to be a wonderful young lady, but she's growing up :(
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Melanie said...

It is incredible how fast the time flies. It is still weird to me sometimes that I am old enough to have a child of my own. It seems like only yesterday we were staying up all night acting silly in the LCU dorm. :)

Chrissy Cross said...

Cheri, would you want to be a teacher when you grow up??? I think that you would make a great teacher!! Something to think about for when your kids are a little older... :)

April Carrasco said...

Oh man, I hear you. It seems impossible for my little girl to be a first grader. I can remember first grade. How does time go by so fast? Get some rest this weekend.