Sunday, March 30, 2008

Big Weekend



It's been an exciting weekend around the Liess House! As you can see, Addi is the new chef of our home. She LOVES cooking with me. Though, since my last post about her cooking, I have learned how to handle that side of her better. I now let her help me while I'm in there, so that she manages to stay out of the kitchen when I'm not there!!!! She imitates EVERYTHING I DO. She's a sponge, absorbing everything around her.

Taelor also got to go fishing with Jake at the local park. And she caught her first fish! She was so excited. I'm glad that she got to spend some time with dad. Mom's not into fishing, so it was great father/daughter time.

Then this evening, Taelor lost her first tooth! Then, we got home from small group and found out whose team she is on for t-ball! She is so excited right now, I don't know that she'll fall asleep before midnight! She is in bed, but so many exciting things happened tonight that she's on cloud 15 right now!

I am very excited about all these things, but it has really taken me aback as well. My baby is growing up!!! Have you heard the Trace Atkins song, "You're Gonna Miss This"? That has really become my song lately. Even though life may be chaos, the house may not be perfectly clean, etc., my family is growing up and one of these days I'll look back and miss the fact that the girls aren't babies anymore. Now, my heels aren't dug into the ground resisting change, my emotions are just a right under the surface about it all. In fact, they've spilled out from my eyes a few times this evening. Dumb, I know, but I'm the emotional one!!!

I don't usually give advice on this thing, but tonight I am. Whatever is going on with your life, be sure to take the time to enjoy it. Because one of these days, you'll look up and time has passed and you're gonna miss what used to be!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Larissa said...

I need to take the time to remember that more...I constantly remind myself. And yes, I have heard that song...it's a good one, and it's so true. Now, I'm crying...oh wait, I have been for like 5 days now. Nothing new there!

Chrissy Cross said...

I tear up when I hear that song, everytime, blame it on hormones, but it is so true!! I have really been thinking about enjoying time with my sweet family! I tend to get so caught up in what I need to be doing, I forget that the little things are what make life with little ones so precious.

April Carrasco said...

Amen! They aren't kidding when they say it goes fast. I cried when Kyler lost her first tooth. There is just something special about being a mom! Enjoy these blessings!