Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter and the start of more Chaos


These are the rest of the pictures that I wanted to post last night of Easter, but am just now getting on here!

The first four from last night were of the girls Easter morning when they saw their Easter baskets. In our family, the Easter Bunny leaves something in each of the girls Easter baskets. This year, Taelor got some sidewalk chalk tools and Addi got some t-ball stuff. Taelor starts t-ball this year and has already gotten all that gear. Addi tries to swing the metal bat and can do it, but it scares EVERYONE. So the Easter Bunny got her a foam one! Then they both got bubble guns that are awesome.

Then here are the "dressed-up" pictures of the family. I look pregnant in this picture, but let me assure you that I AM NOT! HaHa!

Today was a frustrating day; I really hope tomorrow is better. Nothing that anyone could really control, just several "misunderstandings" this evening. I am pretty good at "rolling with the punches" as long as it's nothing of "super importance" to me. Tonight's things were "super important" to me and therefore I get frustrated when they don't work out. Oh, well.

Spring is upon us! I am so ready for summer - ready to sleep in and enjoy the pool and my girls. But there are one million and two things that have to happen between now and summer! With twirling, football season and from spring break until the end of school are always very busy - chaotic really! This time of year involves getting the girls ready to try-out for the twirling line next year (tryouts are in May) and getting the ones who made it to state ready. This year, all that involves 9 solos (3 are for State competition) and 1 line (also for State competition). And all these girls are also involved in: academic UIL, one-act play, tennis, golf, softball, track, work, and yes, they go to school during the day, too!!! I'm really amazed at everything they do. I did it all when I was in school, but at that time we simply didn't offer all the sports that we do now (sounds like I'm really old!).

I love this time of year!!! Yes, it's busy, and yes, it's easy to get frustrated. But I love being able to be around my twirling girls on a more consistent basis. They are helping me get ready for the time when my girls are teenagers! And I really love twirling (yes, I know I'm weird).
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Melanie said...

What a beautiful family! Hang in there!!

Lauren said...

The girls look gorgeous! Claire and Addi had the same dress!!

Chrissy Cross said...

The girls look great, and you and Jake look pretty spiffy, too. We need to get together for lunch!!

April Carrasco said...

I love, love, love the polka dot dress. Y'all look so cute!!