Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Life is full of changes

Ok, so this may not be the earth shattering news that it sounded like in my last post, but it's still big news in my life. I am no longer babysitting. Jake is thrilled about it and I'm coming around to being excited, too. I'll miss the income that it helped provide, but I guess we'll figure out how to make things work like everyone else does!
It's going to be strange not having "anything" to do during the day now. I'll still be teaching twirling and piano in the evenings, so I'm still working. But it's going to take some getting used to not having to chase children around during the day and keeping stuff from getting destroyed!!! There will still be plenty of things to "do", I know that, but it will just be different.

4 comments:

Larissa said...

Getting used to??? Are you kidding? I say take a nap! You are a much stronger woman than I am for doing that as long as you did. Here's to retirement!!! :) I commend the step of faith! You guys have been doing a lot of that lately!

aj said...

Trust me, you will find PLENTY to do. If nothing else, I bet Addi makes up for the missing critters in your house! :-)

Lauren said...

I know you are woman enough to handle the full plate that you had, but I have to say, I'm glad you eliminated something. Your schedule exhausted me just hearing you say it all. I think you all will be a lot happier with a little less on the plate. Yea for you!!

Chrissy Cross said...

I am so happy for you!! I think babysitting is the toughest job of all.