Monday, August 4, 2008

Wonderful Vacation

At the Albuquerque Zoo!
Bar D Ranch in Durango
Navajo Lake


Vacation was a blast!!! We really had a good time. We stayed with Jake's family all week, but got to do a LOT of things that we wanted to.

We started out in Albuquerque at Jake's Grandpa's home. This is usually where we meet up with his parents. But this time, it was just a quick stop. We got to see Jake's Grandmother Liess and it was her first time to meet Addi. Wow, was she in for a treat!!!! Then we got to do the zoo before going on to Farmington.

Once we got to Farmington, we continued the fun. Jake's mom and dad live across the street from a city park and the girls were in HEAVEN. I think they wore grandpa Bill out going to the park. We got to shop downtown Farmington, see some beautiful scenery downtown by the river, and Taelor loved seeing where grandma Cindy works.

On Wednesday, we went to Durango. I loved it. Some people aren't into the "tourism" thing, but I love it. We wanted to do the train, but it was booked. FYI - book your tickets in advance! But we did spend the day downtown and the evening at the Bar D Ranch. It's a chuckwagon dinner with entertainment after. That was a really fun thing to do with the entire family.

Then Thursday was just spent around the house. On Friday, our final day in Farmington, we went to the lake. Taelor got up early and went fishing with dad and grandpa. She even caught one! Then Addi, Cindy, and I met up with them later on. It was a great day at the lake. The weather was wonderful and the girls really had a good time on grandpa's boat.

Saturday we began our drive home. Again, we stopped in Albuquerque for the night and came on home Sunday. We were so glad to see our home and friends again. But we really had a great family vacation.

Now it's really time to get focused for school. As much as I might say I dread school starting, I really am looking forward to it. I love new beginnings and the start of school is just that. It's fresh and new and the possibilities are endless!

Enjoy the rest of your summer!!!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Amy said...

It sounds like you had a great time! Your pictures are great.

Jenny said...

We went to Durango w/ my family a couple of summers ago. We went to the bar d ranch. I'm sure it was more fun with kids!

Chrissy Cross said...

I loved the Bar D!! We went when I was ten or eleven. The Albuquerque zoo is great too!! What a fun trip for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Next time you go to Farmington (hopefully not another 8 years) you have to take me with you. I really miss 'home' even if it has changed a ton. I am glad that y'all got a vacation and a chance to go to Navajo Lake.
I love the pictures and really miss you guys.
BTW, thanks for checking up on Will after his surgery.
:)

Jenny said...

Tim is in school for airplane mechanics. He loves it! What grade will Taelor be in?