Monday, August 25, 2008

1st Grade





Wow! How time flies and people change!

One year ago I was an emotional wreck. My baby began her first day of kindergarten. I was so excited for her, but devastated at the same time. I couldn't believe my little Tae was old enough to start school. Last year, it was all about me and my emotions. "My" baby was growing up, "my" baby was going to school, "my" baby was.....

Now first grade is here. It wasn't near as hard this year to send her off. I'm so proud of her and the young woman she is becoming. She is so polite, respectful, and courteous. She makes friends easily. I guess this year I'm figuring out (though I've really known it all along) that it's all about "her". She loves school, she has another great teacher, she has a good class, and, really a good grade full of kids. I'm very proud of how she handles herself.

Then there's the whole looks side of it all!!! I can't believe how much more mature Tae looks. But wow, I can't get over how much Addi has grown!! She was a BABY last year.

I guess I really don't have much to say. I'm just proud of my girls and I pray that we continue to raise them to be respectful, young ladies.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Melanie said...

How exciting! She look so much like you...especially the hair. It is crazy how fast time flies.

Jenny said...

I think she looks like you too. And yes she does have your hair. I hope she had a great first day. Does Addi miss her when she's gone?

Larissa said...

They are sooo grown up...and it's only beginning. It's crazy, but at the same time nice to see the maturity. Love ya!

Chrissy Cross said...

There is no greater feeling than being proud of your children!! Taelor looks so pretty and grown up. Addi looks pretty too! Are you going to sub any this year?

Anonymous said...

Ditto on what everyone else has already said. Beautiful girls!! They both are growing up. I will get to witness this first hand with our girls being together and I am thankful for that. It was a fast summer. My girls were ready, so I was too. Hope Addi is enjoying her alone time with you. Tawnya

Sara said...

Cute pics! Isn't school so fun?

April Carrasco said...

She is so cute! I am so glad she is already having such a great year. Children are such a blessing! Enjoy your time with one still at home.