Thursday, March 20, 2008

Donations Accepted

Ok, I am now accepting donations to purchase any and every child safety gadget available. Taelor, no problem - basic cabinet locks and outlet plugs - we're good to go. Addi - no such luck!

So far this week, she can carry a fold-up chair (which is stored in the laundry room) to anywhere in the house that she needs to climb upon, unfold it, use it, then return it to the correct place! She has tried to fix scrambled eggs (seven I might add). And she did it correctly - no shells in the skillet (which she had to get out of the cabinet) and even got out the wire whisk to mix them with. She has emptied my moisturizer (which was in the "medicine cabinet", there's no medicine in there, but it's up high - once again she had to climb) and managed to put the remote control in a candle. On top of the entertainment center!!!!!! I cannot afford to buy enough door things to keep her out of every room in the house, buy sturdier cabinet locks, buy stove things to keep her from turning it on (she hasn't tried that yet, but give her time) and a lock for every bi-fold door in this house. Standard things like plugs, she leaves alone!!! So I am now accepting any monetary donations to Addi-proof my house!

On another note - Spring Break has really been good with Taelor. She has really been good to help with Addi. She does a great job of letting me know when Addi is starting to get into something that she shouldn't. And right now, it's not tattle-telling (she does that very well at school and with her friends) it's simply, "Addi's getting into something that she's not supposed to!" Taelor has really just saved my sanity this week.

Taelor is with a friend today, so someone might check on me to make sure Addi hasn't tied me up and taken the house over!

5 comments:

Larissa said...

I would just suggest really, really good health insurance. Sounds like you're going to need it. And a big prayer too! :) So far I've not had these problems. I will keep my fingers crossed.

Melanie said...

Hi Cheri! I found your blog through Lauren's. What beautiful little girls!

Lauren said...

Oh my word!! You have quite a handful with Addi :) Will uses a step stool to reach things up high also, but he's never attempted to scramble eggs! Eek! I'll pray for you :) Love y'all!

Sara said...

Oh mi goodness. How old is the little adventurer? Wow...I CANNOT BELIEVE SHE WAS COOKING EGGS. That is crazy.
Sounds like you have a full-time, full-time job. Sounds like it might be cheaper to higher a nanny!

aj said...

Is it sadistic to just sit back and laugh? After all of the things Keelan did, I am glad to know that someone else has a child with "zest for life." Think of it this way, she is just experimenting, trying to find her niche in life. She may be the next Rachel Ray (eggs), Mark Brunetts (designer with the candle), Mary Kay (moisturizer). I can't believe that you are stifling our baby like that :-)!

Now, without the sarcasm, wow! With all my love and while you know I will do ANYTHING to help you, I will close by saying, "Boy, I am glad it's you and not me!" :-)