Thursday, January 17, 2008

Falling in Love

Ok, so I'm not really "falling in love" with anybody; just with a new hobby!!!

I started learning how to sew last year when I decided to redo Taelor's room. It was very easy; cut sqaure pieces of fabric and sew straight edges together. The seams were even frayed so that you couldn't see whether the seams were straight or not! So that started my sewing.

Then I had to learn how to sew flags for my twirlers flag batons. That was a necessesity that had to get done and since I'm the sponsor, I got to do it.

So I got brave and did another quilt for Addi this year since we moved the two of them into the same room together. Her's also turned out very cute.

Now to my current obsession - updating my house!!! I loved my comforter - black microsuede with tan on the reverse side. But the pillow shams that came with it were so boring and just plain ugly. So I decided after Christmas to take some X-mas money and update my room. I really had no idea what I was doing, but I gave it a try and here's what I've accomplished so far. I did all the pillows on the bed - the shams, the throw pillows, the body pillow cases that are covered up.


Now, just to clarify - the beautiful quilt hanging on the wall was NOT MY PROJECT!!! My mom has taken up quilting and this was the one she made for me. I'm not that gifted yet and frankly, I want more immediate gratification. I think this one took a year to do!










My next project was the curtains. I've never really liked the curtains in my room, but I hate buying them. So I just kept what I had!
This is what I changed to!! I love it. And they were very simple to do.

I still have a few more pillows to make for my bed - some red to tie the red in the wall in with my bed. But those will have to wait for the weekend.

My next sewing project will be in my living room. Time for new pillows and curtains in there!!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

April Carrasco said...

Good Job! Cute stuff. I couldn't sew if my life depended on it :)!!

Larissa said...

Wow Cheri, I'm impressed. Do you hire out?

Lauren said...

Very impressive. Sewing takes too much patience for me right now! Go you :)

Chrissy Cross said...

Very elegant. Next time you are coming to Lubbock, I will try to get you those scraps of my mom's, there is like 8 boxes, so be prepared.