Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Getting the hang of it

Wow, only 1 day as a blogger and I see how this can get addicting!!! It's going to be fun - sorry Larissa & Chrissy that it took me so long to take the plunge.

Today was Taelor's 6th birthday. We really didn't do anything for her today. We had a party with Jake's family over Thanksgiving, a party with her school friends last Friday and a party with my family on Sunday. I'm so tired of parties right now. But she had fun.
I can't believe that 6 years have already passed! I think back to living in Vancouver and being so far from everyone. Thank goodness my parents came or it wouldn't have been as joyous. Because of a few minor complications with my diabetes when she was born, it was about 4 hours before I got a chance to see her, and I'll never forget holding her for the first time. Both of my girls are special and precious to me, but there's something about holding your first child for the first time. Motherhood does get easier (for a time - teen years can hold off, though), but it's not something I ever think I'll completely get the "hang of".

Some day I'll take the time to write about Addi, but she's such a live wire it'll take me days to get that post done!!!

3 comments:

Larissa said...

See you already have me beat, I have no idea how to make a slideshow.

Lauren said...

Yea!! Cheri's got a blog! I can't believe Taelor is six! I still remember Jake calling to tell us that she was born...wow :)

Happy Birthday, Taelor!

Noel Green said...

I'm so excited to see you're blogging! Hooray!